Providing Affordable Insurance for Licensed Daycares
Caring for children comes with a unique set of risks. The MySchool program offers customized insurance for childcare providers that reflects your daycare’s individual needs. In addition to competitive coverage and pricing, we have a dedicated team with extensive experience to give you expert advice, risk analysis and claims support. Interested in getting a quote for your daycare?
Contact the MySchool team today: 1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]
We proudly support various daycare industry associations and offer customized MySchool benefits to their members.
What is daycare insurance?
Daycare insurance helps protect any business offering childcare services from the financial impact of an unexpected event. This includes full-time or part-time enrollment, and before-and-after school programs. There are different types of insurance coverage required for childcare providers; with MySchool, the insurance is customized to the needs of your individual business.
What kind of insurance do I need to start a daycare?
The MySchool Insurance Program package offers the common types of insurance needed to start a daycare:
- Commercial General Liability – helps cover legal expenses if someone is hurt or has their property damaged as a result of negligence on the part of you or your staff. A common example is someone slipping on an icy sidewalk on your daycare’s property.
- Abuse Liability – Allegations of abuse can happen and may include complaints of molestation, harassment, corporal punishment or other forms of mental abuse, which is why we ensure our clients have abuse coverage on an occurrence basis.
- Commercial Property – helps cover the costs of repairs or replacement of your daycare’s property if it’s damaged by an insured peril like fire or wind.
- Commercial Auto – helps cover legal and medical expenses if you’re involved in an accident. There are optional coverages like collision, comprehensive and loss of use as well.
- Professional Liability Insurance – Your staff with professional designations are held to an ethical and professional standard that needs specialized coverage known as Educator’s errors and omissions insurance. Depending on the statement of claim, the policy will respond to claims of actual or alleged wrongful acts, errors, omissions or breaches of duty as a professional. More importantly, for insured claims, coverage includes claims expenses such as fees for lawyers and experts, along with investigation and arbitration expenses.
- Directors and Officers Insurance – helps to protect the personal finances of directors and officers should they face legal action for alleged wrongful acts while performing their duties.
- Employment Practices Liability – as a component of Directors and Officers Insurance, this coverage will respond to allegations of wrongful termination, harassment in employment and discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability – helps respond to claims related to the administration of their benefits program such as failing to add or remove an employee to or from their plan.
- Cyber Liability – helps cover expenses related to a privacy breach or cyber attack. This can include legal costs, regulatory fines, public relations expenses and more.
We also offer customized coverage such as expense reimbursement, child trauma and abduction expenses, umbrella liability, special events coverage and more.
Our MySchool insurance experts can help you determine which coverages you need. Speak to us today at 1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]
Why does my daycare business need directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance?
Directors and officers liability insurance helps protect the directors and officers of a licensed daycare if they are accused of wrongful acts in their role. Wrongful acts may include financial mismanagement, misrepresentation and failure to comply with provincial or federal regulations. This coverage helps with legal expenses, including defence costs, judgement awards and settlements, protecting the personal finances of directors and officers.
Importance of Cyber Insurance for Daycares
Unfortunately, businesses of any type and size can be victims of a privacy breach or cyber attack. Dealing with such an event can be overwhelming. Luckily, cyber insurance can help reduce the financial burden and help your daycare operation recover.
Common Risks for Daycares
Caring for children comes with a unique set of risks in addition to normal risks faced by all types of businesses. For daycares, this can include:
- A child getting injured while in your care.
- A child becoming sick while in your care, or spreading illness to other children.
- A staff member gets injured while working.
- Physical damage to your daycare’s facilities due to storms, flooding, fire or other perils.
- Allegations of abuse from your parents or other staff members.
How much does daycare insurance cost?
The cost of insurance for daycares in Ontario will depend on the individual business. Factors that affect premiums include:
- Enrollment capacity
- Actual Enrollment (full-time and part-time)
- Staffing (full-time and part-time)
- Replacement value of owned property
- Total revenue
- Number of insured locations
- Location of the centre(s) and building construction details
- Coverage options selected
- Claims history
Compare Custom Daycare Insurance Quotes
We work with multiple insurers to get you competitive pricing and coverage. You can get a quote for your licensed daycare by contacting us today at 1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]
Work with our MySchool Team
Our MySchool team is comprised of dedicated insurance brokers with the experience and expertise your daycare needs. We offer exceptional customer service, risk analysis and claims support. We work with trusted daycare Associations to ensure their members are prepared and protected for the unexpected.
Learn more about the MySchool program:
Start a conversation with one of our expert brokers today to determine the right coverage for you.Get Started
Rogers Insurance and CapriCMW Merge to Become Acera Insurance.
CCV Insurance, as part of the Rogers Insurance Group, is now Acera Insurance.
As one unified company, we are now one of Canada's largest independent and employee-controlled brokerages.