What type of insurance coverage do Montessori schools, daycares or casas require?
The type of insurance required by a Montessori casa or centre will depend on the individual organization. We work with you to develop a specially tailored insurance program that may include:
- Commercial General Liability – Also known as CGL, this coverage helps with legal and medical costs if someone is hurt or has their property damaged due to negligent acts. A common example is if someone slips on ice walking into your building.
- Abuse Liability – Allegations of abuse can happen and may include complaints of molestation, harassment, corporal punishment or other forms of mental abuse, which is why we ensure our clients have abuse coverage on an occurrence basis.
- Commercial Property – Helps cover the costs of repairing or replacing your property if it’s damaged by an insured peril like fire or wind.
- Commercial Auto – If your centre owns any vehicles, this coverage includes the provincially required third-party liability and accident benefits insurance, and other physical damage and loss of use coverage. We can also place the passenger hazard coverage required if you transport children.
- Professional Liability Insurance – Also known as errors and omissions, this coverage is recommended for the most common complaint of ‘failure to educate’, which is occurring with more frequency.
- Director and Officers Insurance – Helps protect the personal finances of officers and directors of a Montessori school or daycare should they face legal action for alleged wrongful acts while performing their duties.
- Employment Practices Liability – as a component of Directors and Officers Insurance, this coverage will respond to allegations of wrongful termination, harassment in employment and discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability – Helps cover legal expenses if there is an error in administering an employee benefits program.
- Cyber Liability – Helps cover costs related to a cyber attack or data breach including legal expenses, regulatory fines and public relations fees. This coverage can help you deal with and recover from a cyber or privacy event.
We can also provide a group benefits program to Montessori centres as you fight to attract staff. This can include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability, life, and critical illness coverage.
There are other types of insurance that may be applicable to your Montessori casa, centre or school. Our expert insurance advisors can help determine which coverage you need based on your individual needs.
Contact the MySchool team today to get started.
1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]