We Offer Tailored Insurance for Montessori Schools, Daycares and Casas
A progressive, child-centred approach to education deserves a progressive, client-centred approach to insurance. The MySchool program delivers exceptional client service through a dedicated service team with unparalleled knowledge of education insurance and expert risk analysis and claims service. We offer Montessori centres in Ontario and across Canada insurance tailored for their specific needs and risks, allowing administrators to focus on nurturing the next generation. We’ve partnered with the Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators, CCMA, to ensure their members have access to the best possible coverage for the most cost-efficient premium.
Ready to speak with us? Contact the MySchool team today:
1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]
Why do Montessori schools need commercial insurance?
Whether your Montessori school, casa or centre is run as a for-profit business or a non-profit organization, you need insurance to protect it financially. Insurance helps cover the costs of an unexpected event, whether that be a tornado or a lawsuit. We can also help you put together a benefits program for your staff and analyze your centre’s unique risks and advise how best to manage them.
Learn more about the MySchool program:
What type of insurance coverage do Montessori schools, daycares or casas require?
The type of insurance required by a Montessori casa or centre will depend on the individual organization. We work with you to develop a specially tailored insurance program that may include:
- Commercial General Liability – Also known as CGL, this coverage helps with legal and medical costs if someone is hurt or has their property damaged due to negligent acts. A common example is if someone slips on ice walking into your building.
- Abuse Liability – Allegations of abuse can happen and may include complaints of molestation, harassment, corporal punishment or other forms of mental abuse, which is why we ensure our clients have abuse coverage on an occurrence basis.
- Commercial Property – Helps cover the costs of repairing or replacing your property if it’s damaged by an insured peril like fire or wind.
- Commercial Auto – If your centre owns any vehicles, this coverage includes the provincially required third-party liability and accident benefits insurance, and other physical damage and loss of use coverage. We can also place the passenger hazard coverage required if you transport children.
- Professional Liability Insurance – Also known as errors and omissions, this coverage is recommended for the most common complaint of ‘failure to educate’, which is occurring with more frequency.
- Director and Officers Insurance – Helps protect the personal finances of officers and directors of a Montessori school or daycare should they face legal action for alleged wrongful acts while performing their duties.
- Employment Practices Liability – as a component of Directors and Officers Insurance, this coverage will respond to allegations of wrongful termination, harassment in employment and discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability – Helps cover legal expenses if there is an error in administering an employee benefits program.
- Cyber Liability – Helps cover costs related to a cyber attack or data breach including legal expenses, regulatory fines and public relations fees. This coverage can help you deal with and recover from a cyber or privacy event.
We can also provide a group benefits program to Montessori centres as you fight to attract staff. This can include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability, life, and critical illness coverage.
There are other types of insurance that may be applicable to your Montessori casa, centre or school. Our expert insurance advisors can help determine which coverage you need based on your individual needs.
Contact the MySchool team today to get started.
Why does my Montessori centre need directors and officers liability insurance?
Directors and officers of a Montessori centre can be held personally liable for any wrongful actions carried out in their professional role. Director and officers liability insurance can help protect their personal finances by covering legal expenses in this scenario, including defence costs, judgement awards and settlements.
Wrongful acts can include financial mismanagement, failing to provide a safe workplace, and misrepresentation.
Find the Best Coverage for Your Montessori School
It’s important to find the best coverage for your Montessori casa or centre; with the MySchool program, we take into account your unique risks and design a customized insurance program for you. This is why CCMA has partnered with us to help their members find the best protection.
Montessori School Insurance Quotes and Costs
The cost of insurance for a Montessori centre will depend on the individual school. There are a number of factors that impact premiums, including:
- Enrollment capacity
- Actual Enrollment (full-time and part-time)
- Staffing (full-time and part-time)
- Replacement value of owned property
- Total revenue
- Number of insured locations
- Location of the centre(s) and building construction details
- Coverage options selected
- Claims history
The quickest and best way to get a quote is to contact the MySchool team directly at 1.800.461.8562 or [email protected]
What happens if my enrollment changes throughout the year?
Generally, insurance policies are renewed on a yearly basis. We work with you to determine the right number of student enrollments when you purchase the policy and renew it each year.
If you have a change in enrollment, please contact us. We will determine if we need to take additional action with your insurer.
Benefits of the MySchool Insurance Program
The MySchool insurance program offers Montessori schools, centres and casas insurance that is customized to their needs. We offer exceptional client service with a dedicated team that is experienced and knowledgeable. They’re able to help you get a quote, renew your policy and handle a claim. We offer competitive pricing and coverage as well as risk analysis and risk management advice.
We’re also a supporter of CCMA and are happy to work with all its members.
Learn more about the MySchool program here:
Contact the MySchool team today!
Start a conversation with one of our expert brokers today to determine the right coverage for you.Get Started
Rogers Insurance and CapriCMW Merge to Become Acera Insurance.
CCV Insurance, as part of the Rogers Insurance Group, is now Acera Insurance.
As one unified company, we are now one of Canada's largest independent and employee-controlled brokerages.