Your Personal Guide to Getting Car Insurance in Orangeville, Ontario
Orangeville is a great place to live. Located in south-central Ontario and presently the seat of Dufferin County, it’s no wonder why residents choose Orangeville as their home. If you are in the market for a vehicle or have recently purchased one, your next probable course of action is purchasing auto insurance. In Orangeville, and in the rest of Ontario, dealerships will not allow you to drive your new car off their lot until you have first purchased coverage. Even if you are buying used from a third-party seller, you are required by provincial law to carry a minimum liability coverage to operate your new vehicle on public roads.
If this is your first time purchasing auto insurance in Orangeville, or anywhere in Ontario, rest easy. CCV Insurance has a step-by-step guide to purchasing insurance.
Purchasing Car Insurance in Orangeville Made Simple
Buying auto insurance in Orangeville can be easy. The process can be broken down into three easy steps, which we have are detailed below:
- Consider your provincial minimum insurance requirements. In Ontario, under the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), drivers must carry at least $200,000 in third-party liability. Consider your own financial situation and how much you can afford to pay. Many drivers will choose a much higher limit when it comes to liability coverage as the provincial minimum is quite low and likely will not sufficiently cover your costs if you injure someone or cause property damage while operating your vehicle. Consider optional coverages that round out your protection. While not mandatory in Ontario, many drivers opt to include comprehensive and collision coverage in their auto insurance policy. Comprehensive coverage can help cover costs if your vehicle is damaged by something besides a collision (i.e., hail, theft, vandalism). Collision coverage, on the other hand, can help cover repairs and replacement costs if your vehicle is damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Our knowledgeable brokers can review other optional auto insurance coverage that may be beneficial to include in your policy. Shop around for quotes. CCV Insurance is here to help. Our expert auto insurance brokers in Orangeville are well-versed in auto insurance and can find you competitive quotes from top-rated carriers.
- When you’ve found a quote you are comfortable with, work with our auto insurance brokers to ask about coverage, discounts and other services. Review your policy before purchasing.
That’s the short form. But there’s a lot more that goes into auto insurance in Orangeville, or anywhere in Ontario, that may be of benefit for you to know. Purchasing great coverage may require a considerable amount of research and know-how from yourself — which can be tough to do on your own. This is why many drivers choose to enlist an auto insurance broker. Orangeville’s experts from CCV Insurance know the ins and outs of auto insurance and can give you their expert advice. Here’s why that helps.
Enlisting a Broker to Help with Your Auto Insurance in Orangeville
When it comes to purchasing auto insurance, there are plenty of different options available. You might find many providers will offer quote forms online, where you can purchase directly from the carrier. Otherwise, you can go through a broker or an agent. Agents are not independent and work only for a single insurance company at a time. That means they are restricted from offering the products and prices from that particular company. A broker, on the other hand, works with a multitude of insurance companies. Basically, a broker serves as the bridge between the insured (aka: you) and the insurance company. A broker’s main goal is to help you find comprehensive insurance for the best possible price.
Simply put, our expert auto insurance brokers in Orangeville give you these benefits:
- They straighten out all the insurance lingo for you, which can be a great help if you are new to purchasing coverage.
- They find you competitive quotes from top-rated carriers, some of which are not available on the general market.
- They negotiate on your behalf if you should ever have to make a claim.
- They can advise you on discounts, ways to save and educate you on how premiums are charged.
- They work for you first, so they always keep your best interests at heart.
Purchasing auto insurance in Orangeville and understanding your Ontario Automobile Policy (OAP 1) can be all the smoother of a process when you choose to work with an expert CCV Insurance broker.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Auto Insurance in Orangeville
So, you’re purchasing an auto insurance policy for the first time. Here are some things to consider:
- What is your total budget? How much can you realistically pay each month for insurance?
- Do you plan to use your vehicle commercially? If so, you’ll need to be choosier about your provider, as not every personal auto insurance company in Orangeville will also service commercial vehicles.
- Do you plan to drive into the United States? Ask your broker about coverage for travelling outside of Canada.
- Do you have a lot of speeding tickets or violations on your record? There are special high-risk insurance companies that may be better suited to your coverage.
- What coverage do you want? Comprehensive and collision are optional, but for newer cars they are highly recommended. Moreover, if you are leasing or financing, they are typically required.
- What sort of deductible are you comfortable with? A higher deductible can reward you with lower rates, but it means paying more out-of-pocket if you have to make a claim.
- How often do you drive? You may be able to qualify for lower distance thresholds, which will reward you with reduced premiums for less time on the road.
- Do other people drive your vehicle? On occasion, or regularly? You don’t have to name another driver on your policy if your neighbor has to use your car once a year for an emergency, but if you live with a partner or adult children who can drive, they are required to be listed on your policy if they do not have their own insurance.
Our auto insurance brokers in Orangeville can help go over these questions and more with you to ensure you are getting precisely what you need when it comes to coverage – nothing more and nothing less. Get a free quote and begin shopping today.